- Weapon Policy: All weapons or prop weapons have to follow all ConCoction policies.
- No Special Effects: No glitter, confetti, pyrotechnics, live flame, or smoke generators are allowed as part of the costume or special effect.
- No Adult Content: No blatant nudity, adult related, or PG-13 or higher content. Save this for the After Dark Programming
- Entrants may enter more than one costume, but it must appear on another body.
- To receive a workmanship score, an item cannot contain any more than 50% purchased or rented costume components.
- Surprise the Con Attendees Not the Con Staff: If you have any questions or are planning something completely off the wall, please let us know beforehand to make sure it does not violate any con or hotel rules.
- All entries much be finished prior to entering the Masquerade Competition Area.
- Concoction reserves the right to disqualify any contestant who does not observe these riles at any time. ConCoction also reserves the right to eliminate anyone from competition on the basis of taste, danger to the audience/themselves/other contestants or for any other reason deemed sufficient.